Thursday, February 3, 2011

Walking by grace

I am weak, but I can do all things though Christ who gives me Strength...

mi wala sembe ama, mi waawi wadugo komi he sembe Isa Alamasiihu...

Luya ako pero makabuhat sa tanang butang pinaagi, kang Kristo nga naghatog ug kusog sa ako...

English... fulfulde... bisayan...

mi tokki Isa Alamasii der deftere Isa... I will follow Jesus and the ways of the Bible...

How can I keep from singing... Thanks be to God for He is Faithful... He is the God of hope...

To walk daily in his presence, to listen and take time to just be and sit with Him... such a precious thing it is...

Today during Bisayan class (language) I ended up being the last one out of class because I needed to go over the Bisayan prayer that I wrote up last week. So after I went over the translation, my teacher ate BE BE, started asking me about what I planned to do after my time here in the Philippines and wanted to encourage me in my progress and how I tried to go out 'go out and about the city to just talk with the people' even though I still only know 'gamay' small amount of Bisyan.

Most of you know that I want to work with Muslim women within the health care system once I finish. Over the last month I've come to see a huge barrier between the Christian and Muslim people here in Davao. In response to that and spending time with Jesus in Prayer I've come to point where I would like to step out in that area.

Its amazing how God has answered my prayer. I have a couple Muslim conts (patients) and so I've gotten to go visit and walk around some of the muslim areas in Davao. Just walking though, prayer walking... Anyways back to my language class. After class was finished I asked to get the fulfulde tatoo on my foot of Phil 4:13 translated into Bisaya. As she translated it for me we discussed arabic/urdu languages and my desire to work with muslims.

prayer request....

After my conversation with my langauge teacher, she is going to set up a time to meet with an couple from the states that work in the medical field here with Muslims... How cool is that? At first she wasn't sure how I would feel about that since they are older... However that also answers my prayer because I've been wanting fellowship with other believers working with muslims and are older.

However that not all... The couple also have a heart for Pakistan... They are currently in Pakistan right now... An older couple that works among muslims in Pakistan and the Philippines... amazing... I can't wait to meet them!!


I know some of you know, but I've been interested in learning Urdu and going to Pakistan for some time... Since being in the Philippines that desire has grown and God has given many opportunity to talk about, pray, and meet people from northern India and Pakistan... God's leading... maybe, I know Pakistan is a place in which God has asked me to keep in prayer, and I don't know if I will every go... but I will continue to prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment