Friday, September 3, 2010

Sweetly Broken

Today the 1st and 2nd years got to go to Outland Adventure and spend the day on the rope course and work through a few team building challenges.

While I was there I did something to my knees and ankles.

I've had problems with my knees and ankle for a long time and never really said anything. I'm coming to find out I really messed them up when I was anorexic in my early teen years. I worked out so much with little to no food and messed up my knees and ankles because they were still growing and my body wasn't made for 3 mile runs plus 2 sports a day on maybe 800 calories on a good day.... Praise the Lord I came to know Christ and I got my life turned around!I ended up quiting sports during high school because it was a hinderance with my walk with Jesus. For when I was younger it was the one thing in which I could control and I would pust myself over the top. It was something in which I could control and push myself in even though it wasn't healthy. I ended up having to surrender that all to him. Slowly i've been able to do a few things, a couple hikes, swim, v-ball.

Since going to Niger I've had little or no problems. Today was the first time in almost two years where I found myself almost in tears because i couldn't do something because if I kept moving my knee would hurt and if I kept still I could hear my knee just crumble and become stiff. Plus my ankles were really puffy and I couldn't keep stable. Last fall I started to get back into doing some type of activity and it seemed fine. Since being here in Davao I've played volleyball and Ultimate Frissbee on Sundays a couple times a month (they play every sunday; I was going 2x month which was my limit because I don't want to over do it). It was great my two sport which I enjoy a lot!

However now I'm not sure what to do. I am going to look into PT and just get some rest.

Thanks for your prayers!!


When we got home we got to have a time of worship and this song ever since I've heard had really touched me. I heard it back at TWU in 2007 and its a song that really speaks to me. Sweetly Broken by Jermy riddle!

Sweetly Broken

To the cross, I look, and to the cross, I cling
Of it's suffering, I do drink, of its work, I do sing
On it, my Savior, both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love and God is just

At the cross, You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees
And I am lost for words, so lost in love
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
Yeah, yeah, oh Lord

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given through Christ crucified
You've called me out of death
You've called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now, through the cross, I'm reconciled

Ooh, and at the cross, You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees
And I am lost for words, so lost in love
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

At the cross, You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees
And I am lost for words, so lost in love
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

And in awe of the cross, I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love
And how great is Your faithfulness


God has been teaching me a lot about honesty and how to really surrender everything. Step by Step, daily seeking him. So again I'm surrendering again the desire to go.to the gym, hiking, play v-ball or ultimate and just rest in his presence and see where things go.... knowing that He is the one that sustains!

How wonderous is your redeeming love and how great is his faithfulness!! I can't help put sing to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

I sing of his works that He has done and praise him because I know that He is good.

mi wala sembe- I am weak.... but I can do all things though Christ who gives me strength!

Heidi

1 comment: