Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A happy ending...

As I went to night shift last night I couldn't seem to shake off the weird feeling that something was going on back home.... The night before I had a rough night with my mom. I woke her up and well it didn't turn out very well...

Yet I thank the Lord for placing it on my heart to call her. Praise the Lord for his wisdom as well. As I called her I could tell something wasn't right. She didn't understand me, she didn't really even know who was calling.

Within a few minutes I knew her blood sugar was low and in the end she hung up the phone because she was so mad at me. For once I noticed the signs I just kept saying "Check your blood".

Of course her answer was no... the very stubborn childish No ... However what can you do? Its not a 10 min drive anymore...

Again I felt God's hand upon me and his grace as he just quietly replied. You did what you could... Let it go... let your burdens down...

I grew up taking care of my mom. 6 years old reviving my mom as she lay on the floor unable to move because her sugar levels had dropped to dangerous lows again. It was normal for me, even though it was really abnormal. yet again I find that its was a gracious gift that God gave me, the wisdom and discernment, and I praise him for giving that gift.

As evening came and I was preparing for night shift, I again found myself wondering back to my mom. Was she alright, did her boyfriend relieze the state she was in... I didn't know... I could come back from shift and find an e-mail saying she was gone... I could call home and no one answer... Yet again I felt God calling me to just sit in his grace...

So here I am, after night shift, a world away from my mom (but yet so close with skype :)... Yet Gods hand of protection was over her. For once she hung up the phone her boyfriend decided to check her blood for her... 35 ... I can only say Praise the Lord she wasn't in a coma. Praise the Lord she woke up... So as I finish my breakfast and have a morning converation with my mom, I ever so thankful to hear her voice, I can't help but praise the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment