Monday, March 21, 2011

In his grace... I find the strength to move

What were you doing at this time last year? Are you at the place you wanted to be?

What has the Lord said to you? Have you listened? Are you even willing to listen?

Its been a year since I found out I was packing up my bags and moving across the Pacific... a new place... new people...

The one thing I've learned is words give so much life to people... it can be + or - ...

" Is she crazy? Can she make it? Will she come back alive? What is she fails? What is she doesn't like being a midwife? " .... WHAT IF?? ...

Oh the responses I got from people... am I crazy??... (don't get me wrong I have amazing people praying for me and encouraging me, however I came across a lot of - responses to my vision of being a midwife and wanting to working among Muslim Women)

Yet God remains faithful...

I can't say the last year has been easy or even the last 8 month (Its been the hardest)... learning new things, coming to terms with my past, understanding more and more of myself as I let go of my fears and allow the grace of the Lord break though the walls of my heart.

I've seen 60+ births and delivered 15+ babies...I've seen life and I've seen death... Yet when God created man from the dust He breathed his life...

I've had nights were all I could was cry on my knees for the grace to endure... and then I've had days where the thought of leaving was not even an own option...

What keeps me going....

  • Prayers- of everyone supporting me back home
  • Desire to see lives changed
  • obedience to the Lord
  • the idea of Foma- Hope... Hello Hope- saying hello to the spiritual and physical needs of muslim women
  • getting to serve women here
  • to be one of the ones to open my arms to the Muslim women here in Davao
  • desire to use midwifery and one day (Lord willing) in an unengaged muslim area
  • to have a skill that I may work among people that have never heard of Christ
  • and the list could go on and on and on....

No comments:

Post a Comment