Saturday, December 11, 2010

While in the bukid I learned...

I've been in the city for four month, and I finally got to get out on the dirt roads and see the mountians.

After spending a week in the Bukid I learned so many things...

I faced my fears of riding motorcycles long distances. bumpy dirt roads, steep hills, riding 4 to a motor.

learned to trust the Lord in a new way

learned to trust the drivers

God continues to confirm my hearts desire to work with rural tribal muslim people

I learned that I really like durian

I learned how to cook rice in plastic bags

I learned how to cook duck/chicken in sprite

I learned to its okay to face your fears



I learned that so many people are unreached, even in the Philippines, I learned that its hard to go and its hard to even go to places by motorcycles. Yet some villages you can only walk in.

Things I loved about the Bukid



I loved the quietness


I loved working with ate mary jean... to see her work with her own tribal people



I loved the mountains



I loved to view



In the end I loved the motor rides



I loved just watching people interact



In the bukid I got to...



see what midwifery looks like outside the urban setting



I got to see how knowing the heart language is so important



I got to see that it is possible to work out in rural area



I got to see the hardships and the joys of life



I only got a taste of what it means to live in the bukid.



May the God of hope will you with all peace and joy...may you abound in hope... romans 15:13



again my heart goes back to this verse. If I could I would be back in the bukid, I would be in Africa, in the middle east, again my heart yearns to work among those that have never heard about Jesus. Last week I got a see the reality that many people are unreached, no medical care, no one to speak the word of truth. So many villages... I can't even count how many we just drove though, and even more that were unreachable due to rain, bad roads, or for some no road exsist.





So I am back in Davao, a city of 1.3 million, two weeks ago I wasn't sure if I could continue here in the city, then I got the e-mail saying I was going to the bukid. Yet God has given me grace upon grace. It was just what I needed. Last week I learned I need to be here, I couldn't get the knowledge, the supervision needed to go where I want to go later. I am not comfortable here, and yets its where God wants me to be. My prayer is that I wouldn't be comfortable, I don't want to lose my sense of need for the Lord, for his word.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Powerful stuff! God is working in amazing ways in you and through you. Thank you for showing us what strong faith is. Bless you! I'm praying for you!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete