Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Its finally feeling like home!


Its been two weeks and I find myself calling the orange house home! I still have much to learn about the Filipino culture and what it means to be an American living here, but I am finding comfort in knowing that this is where the Lord wants me.

I can say that yes I've been homesick, but as I spent time with the Lord I've found comfort in his words. I've had many times when all I wanted to do is walk out of my room and go onto the back porch and take in the quietness and beauty of the northwest. I don't want to take that for granted ever again! From the birds singing in the morning to the roar of the rushing creek during the winter time, to the quiet summer nights. So many times I've dwelt in silence and just listened to Creation sing of its maker.










Life is very busy in Davao, compared to Toledo. Here I find myself working at trying to find a quiet place, a place where I can just relax and reflect on what the Lord is doing. This has been one of the hardest parts so far, is finding that balance of quietness and interaction with people. I can't just go up into my room and expect it to be quiet when I'm sharing it with 5 other girls. Its a new adjustment for sure!




SUPER EXCITING NEWS!!


*Today I got my tourist visa extended! I am finally in the process of getting my missionary visa.


I know many people are wondering.....




what does my life here in Davao look like??




Here is an outline of what I'll be doing the next couple of weeks.




After this week all of the orientation stuff will be over! yay!



My first shift in the Birthroom is the 26th!! Thursday 2-10 (please be praying for Is Ver outreach, I can't go because of shift)





Friday 27th is first class going over our assignment. Its not due until Sept. 16th. First exam is the 16ths as well.






My first night shift is the 31st! Tuesday 10-6



I will have clinic which is prenatals on Friday's.



Every other Thursday I am hoping to be able to go on the Is Ver. outreach. First one that I can go on is Sept 2nd.


classes are scheduled thoughout the week. Mon and Thurs 3:30-5 is langauge class.

requirements for each week is 3-4 shifts per week, *1 night shift, *1 clinic (Friday's)

I know that it isn't all completely set in stone, but hey that is the lifestyle of a midwife!




* Foma-Hope! Hello Hope!


Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment