Thursday, October 14, 2010

Creation Proclaims His Glory!!!

* This is the first of three post. I didn't want to write one long post.

Last night I was going though my suitcase and I came across a zip drive with music on it! I've been looking for it for 2 years now. Most of you know that I love music and I find that God really speaks though music to me. So that made my night!

The next month is going to be really stressful! With math, medical stats, nutrition self study class, retaking newborn exam, and then clinic and shifts.



Anyways I've been a little down lately, missing home, my family, TFBC, I miss fall and the cool fall nights. I miss not having to have the fan on whenever I am on my bed. A little Overwhelmed by all the work that needs to get done. Little scared that I will be able to assist really soon. If we have two birth Sat morning I will be assisting!

In the midst of all of this God has been so Faithful! Sadly I haven't been much time with the Lord last couple of days. Really since Monday when I had a really vivid dream. (make that 4 posts... I will also post about the dream, I feel I need to get that out as well) So Monday I woke up pondering this dream and really upset because I couldn't get it our of my head. So I spent about an hour reading my bible before my exam which was Monday afternoon. (Tuesday night I had night shift, and that night was when I also found out I didn't get an 80% or better which is the requirement to pass) So I get to retake the test at 6:30 Friday morning.

Tuesday I was kinda upset that I didn't pass and that I kept pondering that dream. However I am now okay with not getting the 80% because I needed to look over the information some more anyways and not passing makes me review the newborn skills and makes me a better midwife in the end.

On Wed we started Math, 5 days a week. Crazy! Being overwhelmed and really unsure what to even do, I thank the Lord for being the one whom keeps me safe. I thank the Lord that he is the one in whom I can do all things.

We had a big thunder storm this morning right after language class. It but me to sleep, :). I haven't slept well since Monday. So I was glad for a two hour nap. After dinner I decided I would go out on the balcony, sit on the railing and just read my bible and listen to a few songs off the zip drive.

I had about an 6-7 songs on a place list... as I was reading I noticed that the storm was across town now. However i could still see the flashes from the balcony. So I turned off the lights and sat up on the balcony for over an hour watching the storm.


below is the song " I know you're calling" by Jeremy Camp.


Jeremy Camp - I know you're calling


A broken image is sometimes what I see
But the hand that made me
Is the hand that won't leave me

You've begun a good work that only has begun
And you always lead me
Will lead me to your son?

Oh, what I want to know everything you are
What I want to see your will for me
And I know you'll show me, yeah

And I know you're calling
And I see your arms stretched wide
And I feel you drawing, drawing me back again

Another day I can spend with you
You turn the pages
Telling me what to do

And when I feel like I want to fall again
You always lead me
Will you lead me to your hand?

Oh, what I want to know everything you are
What I want to see your will for me
And I know you'll show me, I know you'll show me now

And I know you're calling
And I see your arms stretched wide
And I feel you drawing, drawing me back again

And I know I want everything that you want for me
Help me to understand your ways
And I know I want everything that you want for me today

And I know you're calling
And I see your arms stretched wide
And I feel you drawing, drawing me back again, oh yeah

And I know you're calling
And I see your arms stretched wide
And I feel you drawing, drawing me back again, oh yeah

And I know you're calling, I know you're calling now
And I see your arms stretched wide
And I feel you drawing, drawing me back again
Drawing me back again



"drawing me back again" while I was watching the storm, It was like God was writing with a pen across the sky just for me. I've never seen lightning like it before... it was just one thick line across the sky in a very slow manner. It seriously looked like someone was drawing a line in the sky. Every 3-4 min the lightning would stike in that manner instead of branching down they would branch sideways or it would just be one straight line across the sky and the just explode lighting up the whole sky. Even in the midst of the evening traffic i could still hear the sound of the thunder in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment