Saturday, October 9, 2010

stretched beyond myself

mi wala sembe, ama
mi waawi wadugo komi
he sembe Isa Almasiihu

I am weak but I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength!!


(Psalm 130:5-7 ESV)

[5 ] I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;

[6 ] my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

[7 ] O Israel, hope in the LORD!
For with the LORD there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.

A lot has happen back in the NW since I've been gone, and alot has happened for me here in Davao. In my quiet time God has given me the verse above psalm 130: 5-7 to just meditate on. To just praise Him for who is, to daily continue to lay everything at his feet. In Him I find redemption, in Him I find my strength. In Him I wait, in His Word I cling.

(Romans 15:13 ESV)

[13 ] May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

I've been dwelling on this verse ever since I've been accepted to come here to Mercy.

To be filled with all joy and peace... what does that look like?...... what does hope look like?

For me coming to Mercy was the next step towards going back to the M World (Africa). Mercy was the step in which I could recieve training and connections for the future and be a place where my dream/vision of being a midwife in the M world could become a reality Lord willing. Mercy is apart of me. Being a midwife is apart of who I am. God has placed me here to prepare my heart and my hands for whatever is next. Every day I wake up with a growing desire to be back in Africa, however at the same time God has given me a heart for the Philippines and the people here in Davao.

Each day is a process, each day God is showing me what the meaning of Foma-Hope is in the context here in Davao, within the Muslim culture, and in my own heart.

(Hello- Hope)

(Matthew 4:16 ESV)

[16 ] the people dwelling in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death,
on them a light has dawned.”

(Luke 1:79 ESV)

[79 ] to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the way of peace.”

To be a midwife,To be the light of Christ, To be the Hand and Feet of Jesus, to answer His call, to follow Him to the nations...(Some people are called to be the light of Christ in their homes, and communities), (others are called to go we all have a part).... Either way we are to be living it each and every day!

Prayer requests.....

Classes and schedule.... Monday I have my newborn exam assignment due and exam Mon I get next assignment nutrition due Nov 5.)
Starting Tues (going until 2nd week Nov) I have class M-F 1-3 each day, Math and Stats. Language 3:30-5 MTH
Plus 4 shifts a week and outreach every other thurs morning (Is Verde).\

Wed- I am meeting another missionary (Nancy) working at Faith for coffee at Kangaroo, I met her at the foursquare church. Please pray that it would be a great time of fellowship and prayer together.

The next couple weeks are going to be stressful as you can see by my busy schedule. Prayer that I can manage my time well.

Prayer for the clinic and outreaches ( Sat and Thurs mornings, Agdao and Is Verde (muslim area) (2x month every other week) and Samal Island (sat 2x month).

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment